Change starts with action! Better yet, an action that affects the world around you.
Start small and go big — or start big and stay big. Either way, keep coming back, keep taking action and join the movement to change the world.
Try a Simple Act of Green:
- Add reusable eating utensils to your everyday carry
- Always carry a reusable bag
- Make your next meal plant-based. Change your diet to fight climate change! Try participating in meatless Mondays! Check out some plant-based recipes.
- Support the Great Global Cleanup and pick up trash while enjoying your outdoor activities. It is a great way to save that plastic bottle cap from the landfill while you are on your morning walk!
- Donate to The Canopy Project to save the trees! For every $1 that is donated, one tree is planted!
- Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
- Buy local food to reduce the distance from farm to fork. Buy straight from the farm, frequent your local farmers’ market, or join a local food co-op.
- Try growing your own organic garden!
- Use a reusable water bottle to make a big impact on your plastic consumption:
- Avoid single-use plastic items, and if possible buy products in glass or paper. Glass products are easily reused and paper is a much friendlier product to the environment.
- Practice sustainable fashion! Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. When you need something, consider buying used items. Used does not always mean unfashionable!
- Integrate a simple act of green into your daily routine. Take a shorter shower and use a water-saving shower head.
- Save electricity and turn off lights when you leave the room.
Here's how O'right is doing our part to ensure the planet we share is cleaner:As a part of O'right's Cradle to Cradle initiative, we've developed a 100% renewable shampoo bottle made with 100% Post Consumer Plastic and fruit and vegetable waste. Caps are made from bamboo. The shampoo is derived from spent coffee grinds.
Each of O’right’s Moso Bamboo Caps are handcrafted through a careful 10 step process. Combining local color and the flexible property of bamboo, with exquisite patterns and its soft feel, each cap is unique from one another!